Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What's New?

It's been 15 days since my last post-oopsies!!! What have I been up to? Running and more running. I'm starting to notice the results too! My body is starting to respond to these activities I've been putting it through and I can say that I'm happy with the results. The only thing is that I'm getting bored with my nutrition. I haven't been packing a lunch-which means I'm not exactly eating healthy when I'm at work. I've also been lazy and opting for eating out at dinner too (to keep from cooking). Just been in a rut. So I'm looking for recipes to vamp up my meals (and to satisfy my husband too, he's not big into "complex" meals, as he calls them). If you've got something to share-please comment! I found this yummy meal in the latest issue of Self Magazine, tell me what you think:




Mediterranean Turkey Meat Loaf:













Combine 1 lb lean ground turkey with 2 eggs, 2 oz reduced-fat feta, 3/4 cup chopped baby spinach, 1/3 cup chopped onion. 1/4 cup wholegrain bread crumbs, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1/2 tsp each ground coriander, cumin, black pepper.


Form into a loaf; bake at 350 degrees until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 40 minutes. Cut loaf into quarters; enjoy 1 quarter with 1 medium baked potato (or substitute for a sweet potato) topped with 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp chopped chives, plus 1 cup steamed broccoli tossed with 1 tsp lemon juice.


Can't wait to cook it!

No comments:

Post a Comment