Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Music: Food for the Soul

Music is one of my absolute favorite things in life. You can tell my mood by what kind of music I'm listening to, for instance Matthew knows that if I've got Sinatra or Norah Jones playing on the iPod that it's been a hell of a day and I just need to relax (those two soothe me). If I'm kind of down and out, I have a special mix just for that on my iPod as well.
Music relates to us well because you know the song you're listening to was written by someone who was going through something. It's our heart poured out to the sound of instruments-it takes us to our happy places. :)And I can enjoy almost any tune except for screaming metal and bluegrass (sorry!).
Not only do I love listening to music, I also write lyrics. Eventually I would love to write notes to go with those lyrics, but for now lyrics help me get out what I couldn't verbally say or to put into perspective what I'm feeling.
And music is easily related to memories. Each song has a story. You hear a song on the radio and you'll smile remembering what exactly you were doing when yuo first heard that song (wedding day, first kiss, beach trip,etc). For example (and no offense to Matthew) but I remember, still to this day my first boyfriend and mine love song. The 70s and 80s make me think of my family because that's what I grew up listening to. Britney Spears takes me back to the 6th grade with her hit baby one more time. You remember good or bad times with music. You can't help it, it triggers something in your brain. I can't work without music or study without it, it keeps me focus and makes the environment more enjoyable. So the purpose of this is to let you know that I'll be posting random songs I've written or will post some of my fav music (past and present). I hope you enjoy!!! :)

Currently listening to:

Ashley Simpson: little miss obssessive
Taylor Swift: Speak Now album
Kings of Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment