I've dedicated an entire post to pinterest before, and seriously am I ever thankful for this site. I end up finding so many things to attempt, inspirational quotes/pictures, and ways to add some flavor to any relationship.
In day to day activities, we tend to get busy and "forget" about our friends, family, and significant other. It's nothing personal, it just happens. When this happens, we don't realize how we isolate ourselves making the other individual feel awkward and left out. Then when you try to pick back up where you left off, you don't understand the space between (insert DMB music) that makes you feel so distant. I've listed a few ideas below that can assist in getting back to normal. I've catogorized them as to whether this is best for you and your gal pals, or just for you and your significant other. Enjoy, I know I'll be doing a few of these myself.
Girl's day out:
- lunch out at a quaint restaurant
- Manicures & Pedicures
- Visit a winery ( also good for the romantic getaway)
- Out of town shopping spree (book a hotel for the night so you don't have to worry about the drive back)
- Painting Class (Sips N Stroke in Birmingham, AL is great, as well as the paint class offered by Relique in downtown Florence, AL)
- Girl's movie night in (bake goodies and share some drinks while watching old flicks)
- Prepare a candle lit dinner as though you were out to a fancy restaurant
- Buy a new outfit (a naughty one) and model it for your spouse
- Get out of town-enjoying new places is a favorite of mine, and I've been begging my husband for weeks to do this
- Take a class together-whether it be cooking, painting, pottery whatever it is will be fun to learn something new together and have to talk about
- Outdoor activities-take up tennis, biking, or tossing a frisbee. Getting active together can be a lot of fun
- Games-my husband and I love to play card/board games. Make it interesting by making naughty bets ;)
- Surprise-either book a couples spa day, hot air balloon ride, or even a night in a local hotel.