Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember

Today, many have asked their friends, relatives, or even strangers-what were you doing on 9/11? As for me, I was sitting in my 8th grade history class (Mrs. Pitts) when we received the news that a plane crashed into one of the World Trade Center Towers. We watched, in disbelief, at the tv screen. And then suddenly...the second plane came into view and I remember feeling my stomach drop and the horror that arose within me as the second plane crashed into the second tower.

I remember the fear that swept over everyone in that instant. I also remember the undeniable shock because we couldn't believe what we were seeing. It couldn't possibly be happening. So many lives were lost-and since then more lives have been lost in the fight to protect our freedom (of which I will forever be thankful). So many brave souls met their Maker on 9/11/01, but I can't help but feel the pain for those individual's families. To understand their pain, as well as their strength to get through such a difficult time is beyond words. I pray for peace and understanding for those families.

There are so many questions. Most will go unanswered, but all we can do is be thankful for what we have today. We can pray for those that lost and pray for those terrorists. Yes I said it. Most people will not agree with me on that. We think we understand why they did what they did, and at most it was a hate crime against the United States. It does not mean they deserve prayer any less. But to spend our time dwelling on hatred towards a group of people proves nothing and it doesn't bring anyone back. It only causes bitterness, which in the end generates a divide against people.

Be thankful for what you have and love those around you. Each day is a blessing and tomorrow is never gauranteed.

xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment