Saturday, October 8, 2011

LC Inspired Post

Dress Coding: 9 to 5 StyleIf you're like me, you always have trouble trying to figure out just what to wear to your 9-5. Every morning I stare bleakly into my closet and feel out what I'm in the mood for that day. My position requires professionalism. I try extremely hard to present that look every day, but there are just some days that I want to feel more laid back with a comfy cardigan and smaller heels. I tend to feel restricted in showing personal style, because I don't feel like the business suit compliments me (at this point in my life), looking in the mirror I feel like I little girl playing dress up in her mother's clothing. I do love suits, they reprsent a kind of power and fierceness in the office; and my husband loves to see me in them. But I find myself having to grow into the style. I blame it on my age, maybe when I hit 25 I'll feel better about it (since I'll be halfway to 50). So, you'll never guess what I've found that has changed my persepective and given me the much needed guidance for my business wardrobe..... and you'll find it at http://www.laurenconrad.com/ . As she stated, she's cracked the code and I am so thankful for the posts she put together-defining each type of Business Attire, whether you work in a casual office or if suits are your must, then she's got it laid out for you. Along with her 10 Commandments on office attire, it helps make better sense for those of us trying to figure out how to be within dress code and ourselves at the same time.
Dress Coding: Casual Work AttireDress Coding: Business Casual
"Needless to say, at the end of the day clothes come off and what really matters are the accomplishments we have to show for ourselves. "-Lauren  Conrad

Go check out her posts, and hopefully the guidance she offers will help you find the fashionable/business woman in you :)
~xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment